Sunday, August 03, 2008

Ward Campout 2008

Our ward campout was the 25th of July. We borrowed Rachel and Josh's tent, as usual, and drove out to Kilchis River Park by Tillamook, OR. We got there pretty late and started setting up camp. Rebecca watched from her blanket.


In the morning we enjoyed the ward breakfast and then played at the river. It was very cold - in the 50s - and raining lightly. The kids didn't mind; throwing rocks in the water was just as fun in the rain as in the sun. Some of the heartier ward teens braved the water in spite of the chill. They were very impressive.



Rebecca had a hard night. She fell asleep in my arms but every time I laid her down she snapped awake and cried at me. Eventually I put her in my air bed to sleep with me and Anna, who refused a sleeping bag of her own in favor of kicking me all night. In the warmer air of morning, Becca slept just fine snuggled up under all my blankets.


While Becca napped, we burned the rest of our wood and broke camp. When she woke we headed home.

No comments: